A business’s marketing and relationship-building efforts now demand an online component. However, the good news is that while the medium continues to change, the core behaviors that made for good client and customer relations twenty or thirty years ago remain largely unchanged. This is certainly true of online Google reviews. Because online reviews are more public than traditional in-person customer interactions, it becomes even more critical to demonstrate your commitment to good customer service. Your behavior is there for the world to see. If all that weren’t compelling enough to encourage you to respond to your Google reviews, here are three more reasons to take the time.
Google is often the first point of contact between a customer and a business. From finding businesses nearby to planning itineraries for upcoming trips to looking up a forgotten phone number, we plug keywords into Google to help us with anything we want to know. And if we want to find out how one business compares to another, we Google to find out about other people’s experiences. Take a look why Google reviews are important:
- 90% of consumers read online reviews before visiting a business
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation
- 72% of consumers say that positive reviews make them trust a local business more
- 10% of website traffic value is attributed to online reviews
- 90% of consumers say that their purchases are influenced by online reviews
- Product page visitors who read reviews, convert at a 58% higher rate
Social media reviews are just as important as Google reviews, because they are listed in Google’s Knowledge panel when you search for a business.
Source – https://www.bluecorona.com/blog/social-media-marketing-mistakes-businesses-avoid